« Home | ZouBlog 2.0, the return of ZouBlog »

Format Suggestions

I would like to see us do more of a becker-posner thing... one in-depth view of something, and then a critique/alternate view, and maybe a rebuttal after... rather than a free form thing.

Brian, I like the idea. I think that both the structured and free-form formats have their advantages, so here's an idea:

Let's assign 2 people to pro/con an issue every week. Hopefully we can get a crew of between 6-10. A Becker-Posner format requires a lot of time committment, which I think is why most blogs fail. But if we just assign 2 people per week to do it, and we rotate, it seems more feasible. When it's not your week to do the intensive pro/con, you make free form posts. Whatever you want.

What do you think?

sounds like a winner.
I just don't want this to become the transcript for conversations that take place, sober, inebriated, or otherwise at 505 Lyon.
I think one reason v1.0 failed was it got a lil too ad hominem and a lil less formal.

that said, at least for the summer, my vision for this blog is to be a way for us to hold an informal conversation about poliitcs. it's nice to put thoughts down on paper, and i'm always interested to hear what you guys have to say.

Post a Comment